December 10, 2011

Salt

I never knew that there were so many types of salt! I know that there is sea salt, table salt, seasoning salt,  and garlic salt, but I haven't ever explored beyond that realm. It turns out that there's many kinds of salt! If you are curious, this article goes over different types of salt and what you can use them for.

The salts identified are:

  • table salt
  • kosher salt
  • fleur de sel
  • sel gris
  • pink salt
  • black salt
  • flavored salts
  • smoked salts
Smoked salt? I didn't even know you could do that! I just thought it was interesting that there's such a wide range of salts and uses for it. Who would have known that salt could be used in so many ways?

There's also a video that goes along with the article. 
Please feel free to watch. Hope you all are enjoying the time of the year! :) Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment